Archive for the ‘businessowners’ tag
A lot of economies in the world today are struggling. If you are a small business owner, you know how it is tough to have some profits at the end of the month. Here is a short list of money tips to help you make ends meet and maybe have some extra for your bank account:
- Go Green. Look for energy efficient technologies. You can save a lot of money in the long run if you computers last longer for example. Energy efficient lighting will also save you some money on electricity. Plus, there are also tax benefits which you can get when you go green.
- Assess your phone plan. See if you need to downsize your phone plan. Look into the call volume of your business and see if you really need the plan that you have now. Is there a chance that you can switch to a cheaper VOIP option?
- Good use of the internet. Not all sales calls need to be in person. See what you can negotiate online and see if you can close the deal over online conference and discuss details over email.
- Hire a freelancer. Do you need someone to help you with accounting? Maybe you can tap a freelancer and do not need to pay someone on a regular basis.
- Family. If you have kids, go hire them! Teach them the value of time, money, and work. Pay them for less and teach them the most valuable lessons you’ve learned while running your business.
- Schedule mails and shipping. Instead of going out everyday to send out mails or ship deliveries, you can schedule these in certain days of the week and maybe you can get discounts for your bulk transactions.
- Coupons. Browse the internet for coupons you can use to save when buying office equipment, software, and supplies.
- Blog. Instead of going thru the traditional advertising channels, make most of the internet and blog about your products and services.
- Re-evaluate your insurance. Inquire about umbrella policies with your provider and you might be surprised how much money you can save.
- Discounted fares. If you need to travel for business, look for good deals over the internet. See if you can get one from budget or regional airline.